By Odin Essers on Monday, 4 September 2017
Maastricht University Library vacancy for 1 promo teamer Special Collections for 0,1 fte. Can you help us take a proactive approach to bringing our Special Collections into the limelight? Then join our student team and promote Maastricht University’s ‘Special Collections’: heritage collections from the past that are of significant value to society, education and research now and in the future.
We are looking for a 3rd year bachelor or master student with proven promotion skills and expertise. Give our ‘Special Collections’ a boost and be the driving force behind promotional activities and events for your fellow students. You’ll be working together with an experienced promoteamer, under supervision of the curator and communications officer.
What activities will you be engaged in as a promoteamer?
- Communicating to peers about news and events related to our Special Collections
- Working closely with library teams to figure out the best way to promote our Special Collections for your peers
- Providing advice on deploying social media and content curation tools for our Special Collections
- Arranging visits to our ‘Parlour’ reading room and our closed stacks (Jesuit Collection, vault)
- Performing operational tasks: exhibitions, events (e.g. Spoken Word)
- And generally unleashing your promotional skills
So, am I right for the job?
If you can tick the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you.
- I am registered at Maastricht University
- My English is perfect (especially writing), I understand basic Dutch
- I have proven promotion skills and expertise
- I have an affinity with Special Collections and / or the cultural heritage field in general
- I have social media skills, both as an end user and administrator
- I like to think I’m sharp, smart, bright and full of initiative
- I can’t wait to be part of a promotional team and inspiring working environment
Conditions of employment
We are offering a zero-hour contract via InterUM for student employees for the academic year 2017-2018 with a weighted average of 4 hours per week (0.1 fte).
Need more information?
- For questions about the content of the job, contact Odin Essers, curator Special Collections, T 043-3885027 or email@example.com
- With questions about the contract you can turn to InterUM (note that there is a maximum of 3 years working via InterUM or 3 subsequent contracts)
Application and selection process
Applicants are invited to submit a motivation video, contact details and a detailed CV before 25 September to firstname.lastname@example.org. The video should show your passions, character and motivation to participate in the promo team. Please do not send us your video per email, instead you can upload it to Vimeo, YouTube or similar platforms. Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in the week of 2 October.