By Lilian Vergeldt on Wednesday, 8 March 2017
As an increasing number of publishers, research funders, and universities – including Maastricht University – adopt ORCID, having your ID in Pure will maximise the opportunity for system integrations. Pure now offers functionality to create and synchronise your ORCID, and it will only take 5 minutes of your time.
ORCID is short for Open Researcher and Contributor ID and is an international standard used to identify researchers all over the world. Well known publishers (for instance Elsevier, PLoS, Thomson Reuters, Wiley, Springer and SAGE), ask for or require an ORCID in the publication process. Also funders have started to require ID’s during the grant application process.
What are the benefits of connecting ORCID and Pure?
- A Maastricht University affiliation, a link to your Research Publications page and author ID’s in Pure will be added to your ORCID entry
- Your ORCID list of works will be updated automatically whenever you add an output to Pure
- Publishers and funders have access to your works in one place without any extra effort on your side
How to register, connect and auto-update your ORCID
Registering your ORCID with PURE is the easiest step to get started. The information about your research output, your other author ID’s and correct spelling of the organisational affiliation name is provided to ORCID. Also the link to your Research Publication page is.
- Pure Support Portal
- Getting started in Pure
- Establishing your researcher identity with ORCID
- Researchers distinguish yourself (Henk van den Hoogen, Library Wall 14 December 2016)