FactSet amongst others contains real-time market data as well as company analytics.
FactSet is organised in a tab structure, which allows users to easily locate information. The main content is split up for:
- Markets: Real-time market data on global equities, commodities, FX rates, and ETFs.
- Quotes: View intraday quotes and trades for securities in your watch list or portfolio.
- Charting: a Centralized platform to chart price, economic, company, and fixed income data.
- Economics: Access over one million economic series and regional chart books.
- Company Analytics (Public and Private): Analyse a company’s financials, estimates, debt, ownership, corporate governance, and more.
- Fixed Income: Review a company’s debt capital structure or perform an individual security-level analysis.
- Screening: Use financial and non-financial criteria to create your investable universe.
- Portfolio Analytics: Run performance and attribution reports for your custom portfolios as well as analyze returns.
How to get access to MSCI/ESG data via the Excel interface:
For any reproduction or use of the MSCI Service, Subscriber agrees to place the following notice in close proximity to the Service contained in the Publications:
Reproduced by permission of MSCI ESG Research LLC
©2019 MSCI ESG Research LLC All rights reserved.
In addition, Subscriber will place the following notice in the Publications:
The ESG data contained herein is the property of MSCI ESG Research LLC (ESG).
ESG, its affiliates and information providers make no warranties with respect to any
such data. The ESG data contained herein is used under license and may not be
further used, distributed or disseminated without the express written consent of ESG.
Those who use data in his or her publication commits oneself to prove MSCI with a copy of the publication.
FactSet is a database that mainly focuses on economic/financial content. Different from most other databases, FactSet cannot be accessed via the databases overview in the Online Library. It can be accessed via diverse procedures.
In case you are an SBE student you can directly access FactSet after registration.
After registration, you’ll receive your account details via email. Once you have your account details, go to Start> All Programs (see picture).
The application is available on PC’s, TC’s in the University Library as well as anywhere else via Student Desktop Anywhere, including both the native interface as well as the Excel interface.
Data can directly be saved to your own I:-drive or USB stick.
In case you are studying at another faculty and would like to use FactSet, you can register for an account via this form. Make sure you use your …@maastrichtuniversity.nl or your …@student.maastrichtuniversity.nl email address! After registration, you’ll receive your account details via email. Once you have your account details, go to https://www.factset.com/ and Login.
Register for an account via this form. Make sure you use your …@maastrichtuniversity.nl or your …@student.maastrichtuniversity.nl email address! After registration, you’ll receive your account details via email. Once you have your account details, go to https://www.factset.com/ and Login.