Online Canvas theme sessions
In 2021, our Canvas theme sessions continue. Whereas the ten 2020 sessions dealt with Canvas features only, the 2021 sessions include additional tools of our digital learning environment.
In each session, we will discuss a different Canvas feature and address the best workflow in Canvas as well as good practices from a didactic point of view. A thirty-minute session starts with a 15 to 20 minute explanation followed by a Q&A.
Sessions are open to teaching and support staff who like to learn how these features and tools can enrich a blended or online PBL course or assessment. Participation may count toward your Continuous Professional Development depending on your CPD objectives. Go to EDLAB CPD website for more on the CPD offering and conditions.
Missed a session? You can watch them here
Date & theme of 2021 sessions:
- Tuesday 19 January TestVision
- Tuesday 9 February Tracking attendance in Canvas
- Tuesday 16 March Online assessment
- Tuesday 6 April Digital accessibility in Canvas
- Tuesday 20 April Testing on location
- Tuesday 18 May Interaction during sessions with Wooclap
- Tuesday 1 June Sharing and reusing learning resources in Canvas
Instead of 30 minutes theme webinars in June two workshops will take place:
- Interactive documents & video in FeedbackFruits
- Peer review & group member evaluation in FeedbackFruits
Ideas for other sessions? Topics can be added upon request.
- Tuesday 15 September Collaborative Groupwork (registration)
- Tuesday 22 September – Designing and guiding Discussions (registration)
- Tuesday 29 sep – Using Gradebook (registration)
- Thursday 8 October – Sharing Videos in Canvas (registration)
- Tuesday 6 October – Using Plagiarism tool Urkund in Canvas (registration)
- Tuesday 13 October – Providing feedback using Speedgrader and Rubrics (registration)
- Tuesday 27 October Peer reviews in Canvas
- Tuesday 3 November Creating Quizzes in Canvas (registration)
- Tuesday 10 November Using Outcomes (registration)
- Tuesday 24 November Communication in Canvas