EndNote advanced workshopWorkshops & Courses
EndNote advanced workshop
Due to COVID-2019 the workshop will be offered online via Zoom. After registration you will receive a link for the session.
EndNote is a tool which allows you to organise and keep track of your references, and easily insert them into your research documents as in-text citations, footnotes or a bibliography in any of a large number of citation styles. This training helps you to get the most out of EndNote and make your research easier.
EndNote 20.1 will be used during the workshop. Make sure to download this latest version!
There is plenty of time to deal with individual questions and/or problems on using EndNote as a research tool.
In this (2 hour) advanced workshop the following topics will be dealt with:
- How to deal with document types that are not supported by the available EndNote reference types record templates
- How to correct or amend corrupted reference data when downloaded from secondary databases in a semi-automated manner
- How to sort references and arrange references by groups and ‘smart groups’
- How to search for references with ‘smart groups’ and other search options in large libraries to speed up selection of references to insert
- How to use EndNote’s Term Lists to deal with styles that use journal abbreviations
- How to upload EndNote libraries to EndNote Web
- How to tweak and amend EndNote when installed on a stand-alone computer
- How to use EndNote as a tool for conducting (systematic) reviews.
Target group: Students, alumni and staff with prior experience in using EndNote. (see: basic skills as described in the EndNote introductory workshop)
Course format: demo / questions and answers
Prerequisites: EndNote is installed on all student computers in the university.
When you want to use your own computer during the workshop, make sure that EndNote 20.1 is installed correctly before attending. EndNote is available via the ICTS license software page.
Students, alumni and staff with NO UM-account (AZM/MUMC) need to bring their own laptop with EndNote installed.
For support first check the EndNote support page.
More information: The library also offers a two hour introductory workshop on EndNote.
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact a library specialist.