Introduction to literature searching and writingWorkshops & Courses
Introduction to literature searching and writing
Peer Point provides free research assistance to students studying at Maastricht University. Peer Point is staffed by students trained at responding critically and constructively to the work of their peers. Our mission is to help you improve your research skills and this workshop is a first step at doing so.
This 1 hour introductory workshop will familiarize students with
- Structuring an assignment prior to submission
- Phrasing and paraphrasing tips
- Differences between qualitative and quantitative research
- Outline the available databases and their role in the research process
- Sort through existent databases based on content search
- Applied search strategies
- Introducing Boolean operators, truncation and wildcards
- Introducing EndNote for efficient reference management
- Self-help instructions on EndNote
- A quick word on PeerPoint
Target group: UM Students
Course format: Demo /questions and answers
Prerequisites: No prerequisites.
More information: Peer Point
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact a library specialist.