Thesis Skills – EndNote introduction (for masters SBE)Workshops & Courses
Thesis Skills – EndNote introduction (for masters SBE)
EndNote is a tool which allows you to organize and keep track of your references, and easily insert them into your research documents as in-text citations, footnotes or a bibliography in any of a large number of citation styles. This training helps you to get the most out of EndNote and make your research easier.
After this introductory workshop you will be able to:
- Insert references manually into EndNote
- Insert author names according to the rules of EndNote
- Choose the correct reference type record
- Import references from secondary databases into EndNote, by using import filters, direct export options and online searching
- Sort and arrange references in easily searchable groups
- Activate the EndNote toolbar in Word
- Insert and edit references in your Word documents
- Change the citation style of your research document with a few clicks
- Remove EndNote field codes to end up with a plain word document which is saved to email or share with others
- Tweak EndNote to some preferences and liking’s of your own
- Search for additional information on how to use EndNote’s more advanced features.
Besides this, you will get a basic understanding of what a citation style consists of and where to pay attention too when writing.
Target group: Master students SBE
Course format: Demo / hands-on /questions and answers
When you want to use your own computer during the workshop, make sure that EndNote is installed correctly before attending this workshop. EndNote is installed on all student computers in the University. EndNote is available via the ICTS licentiesoftware page.
More information: The library also offers a special two-hour advanced workshop on EndNote.
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact an information skills specialist.