What journal to publish inWorkshops & Courses
What journal to publish in
Criteria for an informed decision on impact, copyright & Open Access
Our periodic face-to-face workshops have been suspended due to the COVID measures. However, our specialists are available online.
If you have one or more questions about the subject of this workshop, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. A specialist will pick up your question or schedule a video call for a personal consultation with you.
For all other research support related questions, go to Ask Your Librarian. A subject specialist will take up your question and deal with it personally.
In this 1.5 hour workshop, criteria are discussed which influence an author’s journal choice, and some tools that could be of help. There is plenty of time to deal with individual questions and/or problems.
After this 1.5 hour workshop you will know how to:
- Disseminate your paper as broad as possible: using Open Access journals, institutional and subject repositories
- add your papers to the institutional repository (UM Publications)
- use the Journal Impact Factor in an informed way (JCR and associated rankings, and challenges)
- find relevant OA journals and publisher policies
- handle Copyright Transfer Agreements and understand the potentials and risks of copyright
- contact university library experts to get more support
and be able to:
- strike a balance between the velocity of publishing and ranking of journals, and
- make an informed decision on where to publish.
PhD students, academic staff, and research masters
Course format: Workshop, demo, questions and answers
More information: Coursesemail@example.com
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact a library specialist.