Discover KeyLinks Learning Resources for your courses
Together with faculties, we reviewed our experience with Reference List and concluded that the old system needed to be replaced. Subsequently, the choice fell on KeyLinks because that tool best matches the wishes of Maastricht University (UM), now and in the future. With KeyLinks we have acquired a tool that can be further developed, based on our UM wishes.
What are the advantages?
- The tool is intuitive.
- There is a link with LibSearch, so you can copy a reference yourself. If the resource is “not held by my Library”, you can order it via KeyLinks.
- You can adapt your list to the structure of your course in Canvas.
- In the near future, it will be possible to have direct contact with the library via KeyLinks about the references (instead of emails back and forth).
- In the long term, depending on faculty wishes, students can also leave their notes regarding the learning materials for teachers and fellow students.
- More functionalities will become available step by step and can be customised to faculty needs.
We will keep you informed in the Library+ Education updates. If you do not have a subscription to our newsletters yet, please look in the right column ‘Related’ how to proceed.
Get acquainted with KeyLinks in phases
We will start using KeyLinks from block 3 of this academic year in January 2021.
If your faculty already uses Reference Lists, block coordinators will receive a personal email from UM Library Team Learning Resources in the first week of November, inviting you to pass on your learning resources to us via KeyLinks. We have already transferred all (unchanged) references from Reference List to the new tool. So, apart from a new design, you will not notice much difference at the moment.
Library service for Learning and Resource Centre materials
If your faculty is not currently using Reference List, but you would like to order books for the Learning and Resource Centre, you can now also use KeyLinks.
Support – Feedback
Need support? We are happy to help you. Do you have feedback on your first experiences? We are open to your reactions to learn from you and improve the tool. For your questions and feedback, please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.
- Subscribe to the Library+ Education update here
- Resources for your courses (Going Canvas update 17 August 2020)