The Maastricht University Library is looking for a Student Assistant to join the Peer Point team as of September 2016, for max 8 hours per week. Are you a highly motivated master student or a 3rd year bachelor student and would you like to join our great team? This is your opportunity.
As a Peer Point Student Assistant, you will provide one-to-one assistance to fellow students in the process of their assignment, paper and thesis. Your tasks will include, among other things, helping students that are struggling to develop a search strategy, finding relevant sources as well as developing a structure for their thesis, organise a plan, structure and timescale for their thesis. Moreover, you will be helping students to manage their references and directing them to a library or Language Centre expert when necessary. Peer Point assistance is typically given through walk-in sessions at the Inner City and the Randwyck Library, but also via email, Facebook and Skype.
For more information on the services provided by Peer Point please visit the Peer Point page.
Qualifications and skills
- Registered student at the Maastricht University
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic in providing help to students
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to take up responsibility within and outside the walk-in sessions
- Flexibility in working hours (max 8 hours on a weekly basis)
- Established experience in performing research
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Excellent English language skills, knowledge of the Dutch Language is an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the main University Databases and EndNote
Qualified and interested applicant
We invite qualified candidates to submit their application consisting of a motivational letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date is 15 July. Within a few weeks we will let you know if you have been selected for a job interview.
For information on the conditions of employment, you can contact Henriëtta Hazen (email@example.com), coordinator Scientific Information & Skills Support at Maastricht University Library.