UM alumni - services and membershipUse the library
The University Library welcomes UM alumni. We can offer you the following services:
- Access to all library locations
- Use of all hardcopy and electronic information sources in the building, including the learning and resource centre
- Free participation in information skills education from the University Library, such as specific training in how to search specialised databases
- Borrowing items from the collection
- Making use of the Interlibrary loan (ILL) service
Please be aware that electronic information sources require a physical presence in the library and cannot be accessed from home or elsewhere.
You need a membership card (UMcard) to make use of these services. This card is for personal use only and can be used for printing and copying and for paying in the UM cafeteria. You can apply for a UMcard at the information desks in both library locations on weekdays between 10.30 and 17.00. A membership for one year costs €36,50.
In recent years, the pressure on our study places has increased. Therefore, the university library needed to change its access policy. During examination (XXL) weeks the Inner City Library and the Randwyck Library are only accessible to UM students, UM employees and our contract partners. Apart from these examination periods (see links), the UB welcomes all visitors, including UM alumni.
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact a library specialist.