Maastricht University Library has a vacancy for 2 promoteamers Special Collections per 9 December for 0,1 fte each.
Can YOU think out of the BOOKS?
Then join our student team and promote Maastricht University’s ‘Special Collections!’: heritage collections from the past that are of significant value to society, education and research now and in the future.
We at Maastricht University Library are looking for two master students with proven promotion skills and expertise. Give our ‘Special Collections’ a boost and be the driving force behind promotional activities and events for your fellow students. You’ll be working under supervision of the curator and communications officer.
Can you help us take a proactive approach to bringing our Special Collections into the limelight?
What activities will you be engaged in as a promoteamer?
- Writing an action plan with ideas aimed at raising student awareness for our Special Collections
- Communicating to peers about news and events related to our Special Collections
- Working closely with a team to figure out the best way to promote our Special Collections for your peers
- Providing advice on deploying social media and content curation tools for our Special Collections
- Arranging visits to our newly refurbished ‘Parlour’ reading room and our closed stacks (Jesuit Collection, vault)
- Performing operational tasks: exhibitions, Adopt-a-book website
- And generally unleashing your promotional skills
So, am I right for the job?
If you can tick the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you.
- I am registered at Maastricht University
- My English is perfect (especially writing), I understand basic Dutch
- I have proven promotion skills and expertise
- I have an affinity with Special Collections and / or the cultural heritage field in general
- I have social media skills, both as an end user and administrator
- I like to think I’m sharp, smart, bright and full of initiative
- I can’t wait to be part of a promotional team and inspiring working environment
Conditions of employment
- We are offering a zero-hour contract for student call workers for one year
- We are offering a gross salary per hour of min. €5,31 and max. €10,10 (depending on your age)
- You will be working at both library locations in a dynamic and innovative atmosphere
Need more information?
– Odin Essers, curator Special Collections, T 043-3885027
= Susanne Snijders, communications officer, T 043-3885021
Application and selection process
Applicants are invited to submit a letter containing motivation, contact details and a detailed CV before 26 November 2013 to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in the week of 2-6 November 2013.