As a researcher, you invest a great deal of your time and energy in obtaining valuable research data. Good data management is important to ensure that your data remain accessible and usable in the future, for yourself and others. But what does that involve?
During this training, we will explain more about what research data management involves, good data management practices, advantages of good research data management, what it means to make your data FAIR and more.
Learning objectives: At the end of this training, you should have the following:
• of what research data management involves
• where research data management may be incorporated into the life cycle of a research project
• how to practice good research data management
• the advantages of good research data management and what can go wrong if researchers act irresponsibly
• the Open Science perspective on research data management
• of how research data management is incorporated into the Netherlands Code of Conduct for Research Integrity
• the UM Code of Conduct for Research Data Management
• FAIR principles for research data management
• Know the tools, services and advise Data Stewards per faculty can provide
Target group: researchers
Course format: online introduction via Zoom (after registration, you will receive a link for the session)