Peer Point provides free research assistance to students studying at Maastricht University. Peer Point is staffed by students trained at responding critically and constructively to the work of their peers. Our mission is to help you improve your research skills and this workshop is a first step at doing so.
This 1 hour introductory workshop will familiarise students with:
- Phrasing and paraphrasing tips;
- Differences between qualitative and quantitative research;
- Outline the available databases and their role in the research process;
- Sort through existent databases based on content search;
- Applied search strategies;
- Introducing Boolean operators, truncation and wildcards;
- Introducing EndNote for efficient reference management;
- Self-help instructions on EndNote;
- A quick word on PeerPoint.
Target group: UM Students
Course format: Demo /questions and answers
Prerequisites: No prerequisites.
More information: We do not provide a regularly scheduled training. You can request assistance or a dedicated workshop by contacting Peer Point.