Orbis Intellectual Property
Orbis Intellectual Property links global patent data to companies and corporate groups.
- 138 million patents linked to information on about 2.4 million companies so you can see extensive patent portfolios for a company and its corporate group
- Ownership timeline for all transacted patents so you can see how many transactions a given patent has had
- Trends and assessments of the commercial appeal of new technologies
- 260,000 patent litigation cases from key jurisdictions covering extensive details including judgments, settlement, invalidations and oppositions
- M&A information that helps you monitor patents that have been sold as intangible assets in an M&A deal, or see when a patent or patent portfolio is sold independently
- Standard Essential Patents (SEPs) so you can identify technology standards and innovation across portfolios and corporate groups
- Portfolio and patent valuations for all granted live patents, plus the ability to track valuation trends
- Patent documents translated into English so you can easily search and compare global information
- Industry codes (NAICE, NACE, SIC) and technology classifications (IPC, CPC, USPC) to help you identify spillover opportunities for acquisitions
- New litigations dataset covering patent litigations with detailed coverage for 8 key jurisdictions (including but not limited to United States of America, Japan and China)
Access to the database is limited to a maximum of 2 simultaneous users. If you are not getting access to the database, please try again at a later moment.
Guides & training
Orbis contains a built-in help function. Once you log in to Orbis you find an extensive set of videos, manuals, and courses.