APA PsycINFO (EBSCO)
APA PsycINFO® is the American Psychological Association’s (APA) resource for abstracts of scholarly journal articles, book chapters, books, and dissertations. It is the largest resource devoted to peer-reviewed literature in behavioral science and mental health and contains over 3 million citations and summaries dating as far back as the 1600s, with one of the highest DOI matching rates in the publishing industry. Ninety-nine percent of its content is peer-reviewed. Included is information on the psychological aspects of related fields such as medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, technology, linguistics, anthropology, business, law, and others. Journal coverage, which spans from the 1800s to the present, includes the international material selected from around 2,500 periodicals in dozens of languages. PsycINFO is indexed with controlled vocabulary from APA’s Thesaurus of Psychological Index Terms®.
Sign in to access your personalised account. With this account, you can save preferences, organize your research with folders, share your folders with others, view others’ folders, save and retrieve your search history, create email alerts and/or RSS feeds and gain access to your saved research remotely.
To locate articles that contain appended tests, add TM Appended to your search terms.
To limit to a particular published test (as mentioned in the “Tests and Measures” field), perform your search in the following way: TM Appended and TM “published test name”
For example, enter: TM Appended and TM Apperceptive Personality Test
This retrieves results for Apperceptive Personality Test(s) and limits to those that are appended.
Searches in PsycINFO can target specific journal sources by using the following publication limiters:
- All Journals – All journals in PsycINFO.
- Peer Reviewed Journal – All Peer Reviewed Journals.
- Peer Reviewed Status Unknown – Journals whose peer reviewed status is not known.
When searching PsycINFO and PsycEXTRA in EBSCOhost, linking is available via DOIs in the Tests & Measures field of records.
- Search TM Beck Depression Inventory in either PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA.
Note: TM is the Searchable field code for Tests & Measures.
- Click on any record in Result List, and scroll down to the Tests & Measures field of the detailed record.
Active DOI links for tests available in PsycTESTS appear.
Note: the PsycTESTS database must be added to the profile in order to see active DOI links.
- Click on a DOI link to open the related test in PsycTESTS in the same browser window/tab.
The search/session within PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA database is maintained.
- The PsycTESTS record is displayed with ‘PsycTESTS’ in the Database field, but you are still in the initiating database: PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA.
- Click New Search to return to the search screen in the initiating database: PsycINFO or PsycEXTRA.