SURF (SURFnet and SURFsara) is organising the programme called Enlighten Your Research Global, which announced an open call for research proposals for 2015!
To help further promote the benefits of international-scale networking to researchers, SURF now collaborate with eleven leading partners to create an exciting opportunity for the research communities.
The EYR-Global 2015 organizing committee consists of 13 partners from:
- the Netherlands (SURFnet and SURFsara)
- the United States (Internet2 en ESnet)
- Brazil (RNP)
- United Kingdom (Janet)
- Germany (DFN)
- Spain (RedIRIS)
- Poland (PSNC/PIONIER)
- Austria (ACOnet)
- EU (GÉANT Assocciation)
- Australia (AARNet) and
- New Zealand (REANNZ).
The brand new edition of the Enlighten Your Research Global program invites researchers and their collaborators to submit proposals that highlight how access to advanced networks, technologies and compute would significantly improve their research and discovery process.
What are the benefits?
The selected projects can gain access to:
- world-class network infrastructure operated by the National Research and Education Networks and their partners
- advanced networks and compute facilities (High Performance Computing, Networking, Data Services, Visualization, e-Science Support and Cloud Services)
- support and advice on end-to-end network connectivity and use of the services
- commitment to an agreed level of (network) resource provisioning and support for 1 year
The submission for the first round is very light-weight and will close on June 7, 2015.
Submit a proposal if you are a researcher that:
- wants to collaborate or already collaborates internationally
- can benefit from access to advanced networks and compute facilities (High Performance Computing, Networking, Data Services, Visualization, e-Science Support and Cloud Services)
- can benefit from collaboration with engineers and (support) experts to improve your research workflow
Visit the official website, to read the supporting documents and to get involved. Visit the official website also to find details of the program, its timeline and the procedure for submitting a proposal.
- submission deadline draft proposal: Sunday June 7, 2015
- announcement of the selected projects that proceed to the next phase: Tuesday June 16, 2015
- consultation round for fine-tuning proposal and exploration of technical options: June 16 – August 31, 2015
- submission deadline final proposal: Tuesday September 1, 2015
- announcement of the selected final projects: November 2015
- implementation of services: Early 2016