EUR-Lex is currently highlighting some important developments! EUR-lex is the European Union portal that provides free access, in the 24 official EU languages.
- the Official Journal of the European Union
- EU law (EU treaties, directives, regulations, decisions, consolidated legislation, etc.)
- preparatory acts (legislative proposals, reports, green and white papers, etc.)
- EU case-law (judgements, orders, etc.)
- international agreements
- EFTA documents
- other public documents.
EUR-Lex comes with several improvements:
- New method of EU legal acts’ numbering
From 1 January 2015, the numbering of EU legal acts will change. This method will attribute numbers to documents published in the L (Legislation) series of the Official Journal of the European Union (OJ) aiming at harmonising and simplifying the divergent previous practice. Find out more about the new method of numbering
- Redesign of the EUR-Lex Advanced Search
The Advanced search form has been redesigned
- Merge of PreLex by EUR-Lex
PreLex is withdrawn as a standalone database as of 15 December 2014. The EU legislative procedures will only be available via EUR-Lex under Legislative Procedures
Separately, it is also worth noting that the new Eurostat website has launched 15 December 2014.
The data extraction and visualisation tools will not change and keep the same functionality but the root URL will change from http://epp.eurostat.ec.europa.eu to http://ec.europa.eu/eurostat.