Workshop Open Science in Education
Redesign, Enrich and Transform your course with Open Educational Resources.
Date & Time: 7 March 2024, 15:30 – 17:00
Format: On-site workshop
Location: Parlour Room (left of the Information Desk), located at the Inner City Library.
Language: The workshop will be conducted in English.
Unlock the Potential of Open Educational Resources in Your Teaching
The higher education landscape is evolving, and embracing Open Science in Education has become crucial. Maastricht University recognises the significance of Open Educational Resources (OER) in empowering educators and fostering innovative, learner-centered education.
Seeking inspiration, practical tools, and support to redesign your courses and make them more open? Join us on Thursday 7 March 2024, during Open Education Week, for an exclusive workshop tailored for university teaching staff, PhD students with teaching responsibilities, and education specialists. Our information specialists from Maastricht University Library are excited to guide you in redesigning and enriching your courses using open materials.
Why Open Educational Resources in Open Science in Education?
OERs, with their open licenses, provide affordable and flexible options for both students and educators. In this workshop, you will explore the benefits and challenges of incorporating OERs as alternatives to expensive traditional learning materials. Our experts will guide you on how to locate, evaluate, and strategically use existing OERs from various databases and search engines.
What to Expect:
- Instructional Guidance: Learn effective teaching strategies for OER integration.
- Expertise in Open Education and Copyright: Gain insights into navigating the complexities of open licences.
- Tips for Finding High-Quality OER: Explore resources tailored to your subject area.
- Help with Course Redesign: Acquire tools to reshape your courses with reusable and open materials.
- Disseminate your OERs: Share your creations across directories and repositories for maximum visibility, utilising dedicated platforms.
Things to Bring to the Workshop:
- Your laptop or tablet
- A notebook
- Existing learning materials that you may have created or used in the past
- Your creativity, enthusiasm, willingness to engage in the workshop, and your smile.
This workshop aims to immerse participants in both theoretical discussions and practical activities related to Open Science in Education. By the end of the workshop, you should have a better understanding of open science principles and will:
- Understand the basics of OER, copyright, and open licences.
- Strategically search for and evaluate relevant OERs in your subject area.
- Design effective teaching and learning activities using OER.
Your Contribution Matters:
Your participation not only enhances your course and professional development but also contributes to our understanding of your needs. This invaluable feedback aids us in developing new services and infrastructure to enhance your teaching experience.
For any inquiries or questions, please feel free to contact the OER support team:
- Akorshi Sengupta, Specialist Open Science in Education (email@example.com)
- Michel Saive, Scientific Information Specialist Open Educational Resources (OER) & Open Access (OA) (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Available spaces: 17/ 30
Fill in this form to register for this event.