EndNote introductory workshopWorkshops & Courses
EndNote introductory workshop
EndNote is a tool which allows you to organise and keep track of your references, and easily insert them into your research documents as in-text citations, footnotes or a bibliography in any of a large number of citation styles. This training helps you to get the most out of EndNote and make your research easier.
After this 2 hour introductory workshop you will be able to:
- Insert references manually into EndNote
- Insert author names according to the rules of EndNote
- Choose the correct reference type record
- Import references from secondary databases into EndNote, by using import filters, direct export options and online searching
- Sort and arrange references in easily searchable groups
- Activate the EndNote toolbar in Word
- Insert and edit references in your Word documents
- Change the citation style of your research document with a few clicks
- Remove EndNote field codes to end up with a plain word document which is save to email or share with others
- Search for additional information on how to use EndNote’s more advanced features.
Besides this, you will get a basic understanding of what a citation style consists of and were to pay attention to, when writing.
Target group: Students, alumni and staff with no prior experience in using EndNote.
Course format: Demo / hands-on /questions and answers
EndNote is installed on all student computers in the university. When you want to use your own computer during the workshop, make sure that EndNote is installed correctly before attending. EndNote is available via the ICTS license software page.
For support first check the EndNote support page.
More information: The library also offers a special two hour advanced workshop on EndNote.
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact a library specialist.