EndNote introductory online tutorialWorkshops & Courses
As of (date) a new version of EndNote is available (EndNote 20). We strongly recommend you to update to/install the new version.
Due to COVID-19 the face-to-face in-person EndNote workshops have been replaced by an introductory online tutorial ‘Basics of EndNote’ (based on the new version). This tutorial will help you get started/get acquainted.
EndNote introductory online tutorial
EndNote is a tool which allows you to organise and keep track of your references, and easily insert them into your research documents as in-text citations, footnotes or a bibliography in any of a large number of citation styles. This online tutorial helps you to get the most out of EndNote version 20 and make your research easier.
After this 90-120 minutes online tutorial you will be able to:
- Insert references manually into EndNote
- Insert author names according to the rules of EndNote
- Choose the correct reference type record
- Import references from secondary databases into EndNote, by using import filters, direct export options and online searching
- Sort and arrange references in easily searchable groups
- Activate the EndNote toolbar in Word
- Insert and edit references in your Word documents
- Change the citation style of your research document with a few clicks
- Remove EndNote field codes to end up with a plain word document which is saved to email or share with others
- Search for additional information on how to use EndNote’s more advanced features.
Besides this, you will get a basic understanding of what a citation style consists of and where to pay attention to when writing.
At the end of this module, you will receive a certificate as proof of participation.
Target group: Students, alumni and staff with no prior experience in using EndNote. Also very useful for students, staff and alumni with prior experience in using EndNote version X9.3.3 to get acquainted with EndNote version 20.
Course format: Self-directed
EndNote 20 is installed on all student computers in the university. You can also install it on your own computer. EndNote 20 is available via the ICTS license software page. Make sure to read the instructions on how to install EndNote 20 carefully. You can find instruction/support here: EndNote support page
More information: The library also offers a special two-hour advanced workshop on EndNote.
Contact us via Ask your Librarian if you have questions.
We strongly recommend to update your EndNote to the latest version. In case you continue to use that version and need instructions, you can use the introductory online tutorial EndNote version X 9.3.3.
Upcoming coursesNo Events
Contact & Support
For questions or information, use the web form to contact a library specialist.