Pure FAQMaastricht University Research Publications
1. Why can I not log on to Pure?
There are multiple reasons why log on is not possible:
- Your browser saved your UM account or password with a typing error or incorrect capitalisation. Clear all saved passwords via the settings of the browser.
- Your UM affiliation ended more than 90 days ago. Please contact your faculty Pure editor via the contact form below.
- Your data is not yet imported from the HR system. Please contact the Library Pure team via the contact form below.
2. My outputs are incomplete in Research Publications and/or my Personal Profile Page
Your output is listed in Research Publications [Pure User Guide 3.1] and your Personal Profile Page [Pure User Guide 3.2] when the workflow status of your work is validated and set to publicly visible in Pure.
3. Can I import outputs registered in the Research Information System of my former affiliation in Pure?
Yes, you can.
Please contact your Pure faculty editor via the contact form below to find out the best way.
4. Is it possible to add publications to Pure from before my UM work relationship?
Yes, this is possible.
You can also add other non-UM output. For example, when you have a simultaneous appointment at another institution.
See the Pure User Guide [2.6] for the correct way to register non-UM output.
5. Can I show my publications on my UM Personal Profile Page?
The Personal Profile Pages (part of the UM-website) will show the ten most recent publications in Pure automatically.
The link ‘Go to all….’ will show your complete list of publications in UM Research Publications.
6. For what other purposes will my data in Pure be used?
Other than for your Personal Profile Page and Research Publications, your output data will be used for reporting on UM and faculty key figures for annual reports, accreditations and mid-term reviews.
In addition, external parties can re-use your output meta data (when visibility set to public in Pure) to index or show on a web page. For example, Narcis, Google Scholar and OpenDOAR index the public records of UM Research Publications to show in their search results.
7. Can we be grouped as a research unit?
Research Publications does this automatically. See Organisations.
It is also possible to show Pure records on a personal or organisational webpage. Please contact the Library Pure team via de contact form below for more information.