Due to Covid-19 measures, all library locations have been closed from 16 March onwards. As of Monday 25 May, the Inner City Library will re-open for UM students and staff. It is necessary to reserve a day and time slot, do not spontaneously come to the library for studying. There is a maximum number of visitors: 25 people. The temporary opening hours are: Monday to Friday from 9.00 – 17.00.
Visiting the University Library during this start-up phase is mainly intended for students with exams or who are writing their thesis and researchers. Before booking a study place, we ask you to think carefully about the necessity of your visit.
You can reserve a timeslot of 2.5 hours to visit the Inner City library.
Before you do, please read the following:
- Please use your UM email address for reservations
- One timeslot per person per day
- Bring your UMcard, your reservation will be checked at the entrance
- Bring your own device
- Follow the instructions given by library staff
- You will be asked to leave when the time is up
- There are designated study places on the ground floor only
- Printers are available on the ground floor
- Disinfectants are available to clean your study area
- The book collections are not accessible. Literature can be requested via Ask your Librarian
- You are not allowed to bring food to the library. Due to COVID-19 measures, all catering is closed, coffee- and water machines are not functioning
- At all times stay 1.5 metres away from other people
- Do not shake hands
- Stay at home if you have cold-like symptoms or a fever
- Stay at home if a member of your household has a fever and/or shortness of breath