Workshops on FeedbackFruits Tools in Canvas
The FeedbackFruits (FBF) tools embedded in Canvas allow you to create engaging learning activities that encourage active learning and stimulate interaction and peer learning. Two workshops, also covering new FBF options are now open for registration.
Tools for Peer Feedback (14 October)
In the session about peer feedback, you will get an introduction of the peer feedback tools that allow both teachers and students to give feedback on different types of deliverables and skills. The instructor creates feedback criteria based on which the students’ work or skills are evaluated.
- Peer Review: organize effective and efficient peer feedback and facilitate peer learning by guiding your students in reviewing each other’s work
- Group Member Evaluation: get insight into the group dynamics and improve team work by letting students evaluate their team members’ collaboration skills
- Discussion Assignment: structure a meaningful online discussion by letting students discuss each other’s work in an open setting.
Tools for activating study material (16 November)
In the session about activating study material, the focus will be on tools that stimulate asynchronous interaction between students and their peers.
- Interactive Document/Video/Audio: activate students while reading an academic article, watching a video or listening to a podcast, by letting them answer questions about the study material or discuss the content with each other. These tools help students to better prepare for class and can be used to incorporate the flip-the-classroom method.
- Comprehension: counter inefficient reading strategies and improve students’ understanding of a text by letting them annotate a document based on predetermined topics.
The workshop takes 1,5 hours, during which you will get a live demo of how the tools work from both the teacher and student perspective and you get the opportunity to experience a tool as a student yourself. Of course, there will also be time to discuss your questions.
Author: Canvas Support Team
This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) License.