The incentive grant program for open and online education aims to contribute to the quality, accessibility and efficiency of higher education and increasing study success, through open and online education.
In this round of the four-year scheme €700,000 is available. The contribution from OCW is maximum €100,000 per project and should be matched by the institution with at least an equal sum from its own funds (this can be in-kind).
SURF offers guidance of the projects, knowledge exchange, and dissemination. The website (in Dutch only) contains examples of current projects and a toolbox for applicants.
To be eligible for financing, projects must be focused on:
- online education
- using teaching material that is open in time, place, access, or programme
- and/or free of charge.
The education programme must be carried out at least once within the project period. Within the projects, open teaching materials can be reused. The projects must start between May and September 2017 and run for a maximum of 16 months.
Examples of granted UM-projects:
- WE-Mediate: an online course developed to enhance 21st century skills through mediation
- Topic Oriented Open Learning (TOOL) platform anatomie
- On Tuesday October 4, 2016 SURF will hold an information session (in Dutch) in Utrecht about the incentive grant program, which can also be attended via a live-stream on the internet. On top of this SURFnet offers two extra workshops to support institutions in their preparation of an application:
- a workshop ‘From idea to plan’ on Thursday October 13, 2016 and
- a workshop ‘From plan to project proposal’ on Thursday October 27, 2016.
- If you would like to apply for SURF funding, then send a complete project-setup including (setup of) a letter of intent (see formats) and a budget by email by November 18 to email@example.com.
- The proposal will be discussed by the CvB on November 29 and the letter of intent shall be signed and returned to you – keeping in mind any adjustments that need to be made – by December 6 at the latest.
- Proposals can be submitted at SURF (by email) till December 15, including the letter to the Ministry of OCW (education), an activity plan, budget and a letter of intent of the CvB (see formats).
- On May 1, 2017 the Minister of OCW will decide on the projects that will be granted.
The formats can be found on the SURF website (in Dutch only).
For more information contact your funding-advisor or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Lees hier in het Nederlands over SURF call open en online onderwijs.