Are you an enthusiastic student with film making and editing qualities? Are you savvy with IT tools for learning? Would you like to contribute to innovation at Maastricht University? Then the UM Library offers you the opportunity to join the e-learning support team, operating on the interface of education and IT, with special attention for video in education.
About the job
- Average 8 hours per week, for the academic year 2017-2018, planned in a flexible manner
- Filming and editing short videos, such as interviews, knowledge clips, skills clips, within the context of education and skills development
- Assisting the UM Library e-learning and information skills specialists; sometimes within the framework of specific workshops or tutorials, sometimes for the Online Library or within experiments and projects
- Supporting users in selecting and using video (editing) tools
- Creating support documentation (manuals, instruction videos) on several educational tools (like concept- and mind mapping tools or audience response tools) and distribute these via several channels (YouTube, website, Vimeo, etc)
- Assisting in the preparation of demonstrations, training sessions and events
- Doing small administrative tasks
Am I right for the job?
If you can tick the boxes below, we’d love to hear from you.
- are a registered student at Maastricht University
- have experience with cameras and other recording tools
- have experience with editing tools such as Camtasia, and Adobe Premier
- have affinity with educational technology (particularly in terms of functionality)
- have knowledge of / experience in the use of IT tools
- have a good command of English and Dutch
- are a team worker
- are a creative, inventive, client driven, accurate, pragmatic, goal driven worker
- have a Social Security Number.
Conditions of employment
We are offering a zero-hour contract via InterUM for student employees for the academic year 2017-2018 with a weighted average of 8 hours per week (0.2 fte).
Start as soon as possible.
- For questions about the content of the job, contact Gaby Lutgens at firstname.lastname@example.org,
- With questions about the contract you can turn to InterUM (note that there is a maximum of 3 years working via InterUM or 3 subsequent contracts).
Application and selection process
Applicants are invited to submit a letter of motivation, contact details and a detailed CV before 8 August to email@example.com.
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview ideally in the first week of September.