We can offer you the following services:
- Access to all library locations
- Use of all hardcopy and most electronic information sources in the building, including the learning and resource centre
- Free participation in information skills education from the University Library, such as specific training in how to search specialised databases
- Borrowing items from the collection
- Making use of the Interlibrary loan (ILL) service
Please be aware that licenced e-content (databases, e-journals, etc.) requires a physical presence in the library and cannot be accessed from home or elsewhere.
You need a library card (UMcard) to make use of these services. This card is for personal use only and can be used for printing and copying and for paying in the UM cafeteria. You can apply for a UMcard at the information desks in both library locations on weekdays between 10.30 and 17.00. A membership for one year costs €36,50 (payment by bank card only). Please check the website for more information and conditions.
During examination weeks the Inner City Library and the Randwyck Library are only accessible to UM students, UM employees and our contract partners. Apart from these examination periods, the UB welcomes all visitors, including UM alumni.