Book a studyplace
In light of the COVID-19 measures, a limited number of study places is available at the Inner City Library for students who have problems studying from home, students with a disability, with mental or physical problems, students who feel lonely, who are carers or parents or who do not have the right facilities to study from home.
It is mandatory to book a studyplace. Please read the booking conditions carefully.
Rules and regulations
Before your visit
- You can book a maximum of 24 hours per week (Sun-Sat).
- You can place a maximum of 2 bookings per day.
- There is a maximum of 3 hours per booking.
- You can make a booking online up to 3 days in advance.
- Can’t make it? Cancel your booking on time. The number of hours will be refunded to your weekly hour credit. In case you do not show up for your reserved visit more than two times, the Library will reserve the right to temporarily revoke your reservation privileges.
During your visit
- Bring your UMcard to access the library.
- Check in by scanning the QR code on the desk and enter the confirmation code from your confirmation email.
- Check in within 30 minutes, otherwise your reservation expires.
- If you decide to leave earlier, don’t forget to check out. Unused time will be refunded.
- Respect the national COVID-19 guidelines.
- You are not allowed to bring food to the library
- In case of questions, go to the library staff.
To cancel your booking
- Use the cancellation link in your confirmation email to cancel your booking.
- If you no longer have the confirmation email, contact AskYourLibrarian for help to cancel your reservation.
- Keep 1.5 metres distance from other people.
- Disinfect your hands upon entering the buildings.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 20 seconds. Dry your hands thoroughly with a paper towel.
- Cough and sneeze into the inside of your elbow.
- Use a paper tissue to blow your nose and then throw it away.
- Do not shake hands.
- Avoid crowds.
- After use, disinfect materials/equipment that you share with others.
- Wear a face mask in publicly accessible indoor areas.