The Maastricht University Open Access Journal Browser contains information on more than 35,000 journals collected from several sources, including the UM/MUMC+ deals, the Dutch academic publisher agreements and the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ).
You can check the Journal Browser before you send in your manuscript to find out about APC discounts. Next to information about the APC, you also find information about the impact and the options for Green Open Access.
Look up your journal
Read the instructions on this page for tips before you use the Open Access Journal Browser.
About the Open Access Journal Browser
The information about journals in this list is aggregated from several sources and updated regularly:
- Publishers Maastricht University has made APC discount arrangements with for Maastricht University and MUMC+ authors.
- Publishers the Association of Universities in the Netherlands (UNL) has made deals to make articles Open Access.
- Journals indexed in the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ) and their APC information.
- Journals that Scopus and the Journal Citation Reports cover.
- Open Access and share information from publishers via Sherpa/Romeo (official publisher’s policies).
How to use the Open Access Journal Browser
Use the search box to look up journals. You can use the search box to search for terms in the journal titles or the titles and other metadata (e.g. keywords):
- Type part of the title in the search box and press Search.
- Select the title of the journal to read more information on the Open Access possibilities and instructions to get a discount (if available) and the journal impact.
You can apply additional filters to the search results. Among these costs and discounts for Open Access publishing, support for Open Access publishing in journals, and the quartile to which the journal’s impact factor belongs.
When you open the journal information page in the Journal Browser, the following information is available:
- Basic information about the journal, such as ISSN and a link to the journal’s homepage.
- APC discount information for the selected journal if it is part of an Open Access arrangement.
- Impact measures from Journal Citation Reports or Scopus.
- Information from Sherpa/Romeo on the conditions under which you can make articles in the selected journal available via Green Open Access.
- Recently published articles in the selected journal.